Tuesday, April 1, 2008

they stole my heart....

i lost my heart in China.
it feels empty here in SD,
like somethings missing,
but i don't know what...

this is ridiculous,
i mean, c'mon,
we didn't even know each other that long

i drove to SD from LA today. As i was driving I felt this incredible sense of sadness thinking about all the kids i met in Xi'an. I feel as if my heart was going to burst. When i told Timmy and my parents about my trip, i cried. I just felt so lucky to have experienced what i did. When i told my bosses, tears welled up in my eyes again.

Being at school again seems so...i don't know...mundane. It's hard to get back to this life of a college girl. Back to routines, back to luxury, back to selfishness. Friends tell me that this feeling will pass and that they felt like this after every volunteer trip they went on, but...is that all this is? I hope not.

Kids of Zhong Buxi Primary School...you have no idea what you have done for me. You have stolen my heart and I miss you all soo much.

While driving down I decided that I would take the 101 down to remind myself of how beautiful San Diego is. It really is. It cheered me up, it was amazing. I wish I could share this with everyone I met in Xi'an.

What a bittersweet welcome home...

No comments: