well...now that i'm "grown" all i want to do is run away. Not in a can't-stand-my-life kind of running away, but run away and experience everything i can. But i can't. There are still rules when you grow up, actually...there are more rules. Granted I've only just entered into this world of self responsibility and adulthood, but so far i think there are too many rules.
Now that i've graduated I'm supposed to either a)find a job or b)go to graduate school. Those are the rules, this is what's expected.
I think I will just run away...
tomoko and mami from japan's soka university gave me the soka gakkai
international magazine because they are inspired by the words f thier
founder and they wanted to share that with me. in broken very pleasent
english. What was so significant was how badly they wanted to share their founder with me. They stood awkwardly at the door while one mustered up the courage to ask if they could share something with me. Immediately i thought "Oh, Japanese Jehovah's Witnesses." hahaa I can never imagine myself taking copies of the guardian halfway around the world and saying "I want to show you the amazing-ness that is Chancellor Mary Anne Fox." A completely different sort of devotion and respect for elders and teachers.
international magazine because they are inspired by the words f thier
founder and they wanted to share that with me. in broken very pleasent
english. What was so significant was how badly they wanted to share their founder with me. They stood awkwardly at the door while one mustered up the courage to ask if they could share something with me. Immediately i thought "Oh, Japanese Jehovah's Witnesses." hahaa I can never imagine myself taking copies of the guardian halfway around the world and saying "I want to show you the amazing-ness that is Chancellor Mary Anne Fox." A completely different sort of devotion and respect for elders and teachers.
No comments:
Post a Comment