Wednesday, May 20, 2009

the wrong choice

 When faced with a choice with one option being enjoyable at the moment, but regrettable later and the other being the correct choice in the long run with no regrets, i, without fail, always choose to do the former. 

I don't know why i do that. I lack self control. In the moment, I have no regrets, but come tomorrow, I feel like shit because I shouldn't have done [add whatever stupid, regrettable event here]. 

I wonder if this satisfaction in the now, rather than later tendency stems from some innate problem. I'm not trying to take away my responsibility as to why I make unwise choices, but time and time again, even when I think I'm thinking rationally, I'm not and I don't and I end up kicking myself in the head. 

So when asked, "Was it worth it?"

The answer is usually "No."

No comments: