Wednesday, September 23, 2009

thoughts jumbled in my head

truth be told, i like being away from home. it feels like i have less responsibility to my parents, timmy, friends...reality.

It's an escape, albeit a temporary one. Perhaps if this stint in Corea didn't have a one year expiration date, it would not be so comfortable. I like end dates. I like change. 

I'm starting to forget my age. I'm 24 here, I will spend my next birthday here in Asia as well, in Corea or Japan, who knows. So with the passing of the harvest moon, I'll be 25 here. (Boy, that sounds rich, ey??? What a ridiculous sentence.) I feel like I've missed out on 2 years of my youth in the states. In reality, I like growing older, I don't dread it. 

3 of my kids have swine flu. Dolly, loud Ryan, new boy Andy. Poor kids. I'd rather they be better and I not have this silly week off. 

I went to the Incheon Global Fair today with blinky boy. Nice to have a friend to hang out with during the day. He is going to Japan for a month to explore. I'm glad he's going, it'll be good for him. A lot of times when we talk, I have no clue what he's saying, but we get along well. I like that from the first time we met, it was platonic. No chemistry, just the way i like my friendships with boys. His little brother is cute though, young but definitely cute. 

I take too many naps lately. I nap and struggle to wake up in time to meet Christian to study and take practice GRE tests. Then i go off to tkd and when I come home, I can't sleep. Horrible cycle, can't seem to get out of it. I suppose that's why they call it a cycle.

I hate going out, but I love it. but I know I should stop. Dropping too much cash on the weekends leads to regret during the weekdays. 

I want to be kissed. Yes, Timmy, this is a message to you. I'm starting to forget what it feels like to be a part of a pair. I suppose this could be a positive thing as it will help me cope with the fact that you are far. I shouldn't really complain though because it's me that ran off to another country.

I found mold in my kitchen cabinets and will attack them with vehemence come morrow. Mold makes me think of Christina Wong because she used to have an away message that said, "time to clean the mold." I forget the story behind that quote, but I remember it to be funny. 

I wish I were a better person. I wish I weren't so selfish. I wish I were a better granddaughter, daughter, sister, gf, friend. I wish I were more tidy. I wish I weren't so lazy. I wish I could sit my ass down and memorize the hundreds of vocab words I need to memorize. I wish I didn't waste time online. 

It feels good to just type out everything in my head. 

Maybe I won't neglect my blog anymore. But, in actuality, I'll get lazy and end up wasting time online. 

No comments: