i am head-over-heels in love with flea markets. It's like a secret affair...I just can't get enough. The idea of it just romances me. My person doesn't feel the same. But because he is good to me, even after I told him that we'd try again when major LA streets weren't closed off for whatever event it was, he pressed on and was determined to get me there. We got there and, by grace, we got the first spot in the very packed, very tiny lot.
It was there I saw a white mini cake stand that caught my eye. I fell in love. It wasn't just any white cake stand, it was designed in a way that is reminiscent of french iron beds. What can i say? I'm a sucker for that particular style, that winding detail gets me every time.
I could literally spend hours window shopping. I think it's because when I was a little girl, my mom would say to me on a random thursday "let's go window shopping!" It was so fun to walk around the mall just looking and hanging out with my mom. I have to plan time to grocery shop because I enjoy walking down most aisles (even though I don't need anything from that particular one) and wasting time. My person is not a window shopper. I don't think too many men are, but back to the flea market...
I could tell my person was getting antsy and bored, so with a parting glance at that lovely white cake stand, I grabbed his hand and walked away. Silly me.
Why did I not buy it? I should of bought it. Instead, here I am, months later, still thinking of that mini cake stand as the one that got away.
Is it weird to fall in love with items? One time I fell in love with an $80 bowl I saw at an artisan store in Solana Beach. I asked for it for my birthday, but didn't get it. I'm pretty sure that my person thought i was joking, but i really loved that bowl.
Re-reading this last paragraph, i'm pretty sure it's not normal to fall in love with such things.
No comments:
Post a Comment