funnest park ever
The elderly in China are treated with respect and enjoy the last years/decades of their lives.
In America, we send seniors to convalescent homes where daily activities include bingo and watching television.
This park was originally a resting area for a king. It was so large and filled with people. (i mean, of course it was, we were in china, rights? haha) There were elderly people playing badminton, doing tai chi, dancing (ballroom, line, fan, even salsa), playing instruments, practicing calligraphy, playing with toys, etc. As you can tell, this was a happening park.
I wish we had a park like that here in the states. Imagine if we did, the elderly can enjoy their lives, finally resting and playing and ENJOYING life after living their life filled with child-rearing, stress, and hard times. It made me so happy seeing these old people active. When i grow older, I hope that I'm just as active and happy as the elderly Chinese people I saw today.
we, americans, think that we are always right. and China, being a communist country, is seen as backwards. BUT, when it comes down to certain values, i think that i'd rather be backwards, especially if that means respecting your elders and giving them the quality of life they deserve until the end.
bicycle on the xi'an wall: 65 minutes. we win!!
Ashley and I rode the walls of Xi'an and was done first! Man, that was a workout. It was really fun and whenever we stopped I would wave at people on the streets or people on their rooftops. It was fun. Most people ignored me, but this one lady on her rooftops, washing laundry or vegetables waved back. People are so nice.
(but now my butt aches from the bicycle seat and i can already tell that I am going to be one sore dinosaur)
No comments:
Post a Comment