Sunday, September 21, 2008

playing maid..

and trying to wean myself off pain medication.

let me explain.

I moved back last week, moving is a bitch. Somehow, in my last two years in La Jolla, I ended up with a crapload of stuff. It took me three drives up to bring my stuff back to db. Actually, I lie, I still have stuff at my friend's, who is, oh so graciously, storing my junk. I would have had room for EVERYTHING, but I, out of the kindness of my heart and stupidity in my head, offered to drive a Korean to Long Beach, thus leaving me minus the front passenger seat and one backseat for his gigantic suitcase that even i could fit in. that is story for another time...let me continue...

so back to me stuff...My stuff is currently taking up residence in three, yes three, bedrooms in my parents' house. Today is the first day that I attempted to organize my mountains upons mountains of stuff. I started off with the clothes.

status: unsuccessful, this mountain of clothes has won

I have the clothes folded, somewhat organized, but where to put all this clothes? My closet is jam packed and my dressers are throwing up clothes. tim timiny tells me that i have to donate my clothes, to which i maturely responded with "no! mine!" 

hopefully today I will be able to complete my clothes task so i can move onto organizing an embarrassing amount of face/hair/body products. I must have some secret obsession over hair volumizing spray and soap and face wash and floss for i have enough to last me a lifetime.

onto my drug problem.

Basically the removal of my love teeth still HURTS like a MOFO!

Everyone that i talked to told me that the procedure would take less than an hour, i would be  asleep, vicodin would be prescribed and that i would recover in about a week. sounded manageable. 

well, my procedure took 2 hours, i wasn't asleep (i heard them break my teeth and they had to novacaine me 4 more times during the procedure because I kept feeling pain), no vicodin was prescribed (just ibuprofen, which i just ran out of, hence the forced halt of my addiction), and even a week later i can't comfortably consume any real food. 

okay, i am done bitching. I am grateful that i'm okay and that i went through this during a time where i have no real responsibility or commitments. Also that I had a sanitary dentist to go to and was fortunate enough to be numbed. wow, how spoiled am i to complain that my procedure gave me discomfort when all around the world people lack proper basic health care.

excuse me for my moment of ungratefulness. i am properly embarrassed. 

funny how i've been silently stewing about my "bad" experience for a couple of days, but in just a few minutes of writing, i can see the reality of my spoiled-ness. 

i'm going to go back to my pile of clothes, stop bitching and start working. 

No comments: