i thought i was. but i found out today that i can only give blood to all the positives. o and babies. Timmy and I are CMV Heroes. Yea, yea, yea, that's right! our blood goes directly to the babies, at least that's what the nurse told me. So while the rest of y'all save 3 people's lives, Tim and I are out there saving babies. yup, we're cool, i know. =]
Anyways, I found this out today because my best friend Art is leaving for Taiwan in 4 days and we thought that we could bond while giving back to the local community. There is a blood shortage lately and we are relatively healthy, strapping young adults so we thought "hey, why not?"
I gave blood, got a cool sticker that said "Be nice to me, I donated blood today" and a neato purple bandage around my arm. Art talked on the phone the whole time we were "bonding."
Apparently people who have recently acquired tattoos must wait a year in order to donate blood. So yah, this bonding experience was not what we had in mind, but o well. =]
AND this all went down as a wore a nest of dark red feathers in my hair and my space waitress dress. Art was decked out in his casual, but trendy muffler. Thank god for friends that will walk with you when you look ridiculous and thank god for days that just call for such days.
I went out to dinner with art's parents, his aunt Kathy, and Kathy's college friend Becky. It was really fun, seeing Becky and Kathy interact really reminded me of me and my friends. They were in sf because there was a Cal 20 year reunion. I hope that i am friends with my college friends for at least 20 years. how cool would that be.
Lately I have been getting sleepy at 10pm, like a grandma. Then i wake up at 7am and there is no one awake and i have to hang out around the house trying to keep quiet and busy. I will probably sleep now then rest, as thinking of what to write is beyond my ability to capability
update (actually, this is more of an explanation): that last sentence is what i wrote before sleep took over and i quickly pressed "post" and went to bed. "beyond my ability to capability" ahhahha don't be jealous of my sleepy writing skills. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment